Michael Bublé Drops Out Of BBC Music Awards
364 total views, 1 views today
The ‘Haven’t Met You Yet’ hitmaker has cancelled his forthcoming appearance at the annual event, held in London on December 12, in order to be with his three-year-old son Noah and his family following the toddler’s recent cancer diagnosis.
BBC Music director Bob Shennan said on Tuesday (08.11.16): “We send Michael and his family our very best wishes.”
The BBC Music Awards aren’t the only thing the 41-year-old singer had committed to prior to his son’s diagnosis as he also signed up to host the Brit Awards in London next February and the Canadian equivalent, the Juno Awards, in Ottawa in April.
However, in light of the heartbreaking circumstances, it’s believed Michael may decide to cancel his duties there, too.
Michael and his wife Luisana Lopilato, who have been married for five years, announced with a heavy heart via a Facebook post last week that their eldest son is battling the horrific disease and is currently undergoing treatment in the United States.
He said: “We are devastated about the recent cancer diagnosis of our oldest son Noah who is currently undergoing treatment in the US. We have always been very vocal about the importance of family and the love we have for our children.
“Luisana and I have put our careers on hold in order to devote all our time and attention to helping Noah get well.
“At this difficult time, we ask only for your prayers and respect for our privacy. We have a long journey in front of us and hope that with the support of family, friends and fans around the world, we will win this battle, God willing.”
The couple also have eight-year-old son Elias.