25-Year-Old Woman Death From Snake Bite Found Plotted By Greedy Husband – Report

A 25-year-old woman who died in 2020 was originally believed to have died from a snake bite. However, it turns out that her estranged husband had an evil hand in all.

At that time, the deceased identified only by her first name Uthra was found lying motionless in bed by her mother at the family’s home with her left arm dotted with blood.

Uthra was rushed to the Kollam hospital in the southern Indian state of Kerala but was already pronounced dead.

A post-mortem was done on May 7, 2020, confirming that Uthra had been bitten by a highly venomous Indian spectacled cobra according to court documents. Snake bites are not uncommon in India.

snake, cobra [Photo by James Wainscoat on Unsplash]
Representation image [Photo by James Wainscoat on Unsplash]

However, the family of Uthra grew suspicious about her death and filed a complaint with the police. It was here where they uncovered that the mastermind behind the 25-year-old woman’s death was the husband, Suraj Kumar.

Kumar was found guilty and handed a life sentence by the sentencing judge who called the act “diabolic and ghastly.” It turns out that the husband had used a snake as a weapon to kill his husband, CNN reported.

It would be learned that Kumar and Uthra had an unusual love story. Both hooked up through a matchmaking service and tied the knot in March 2018.

Kumar worked as a bank clerk and did not come from a financially stable family. She allegedly married Uthra because the woman was financially stable. It appears Kumar married Uthra with the intent of financial gain.

The family of Kumar, aware of how financially well-off Uthra’s family is, pushed their son to ask the family of the woman for more support. Though the family of Uthra obliged, Kumar was unsatisfied and plotted to kill her.

Kumar had allegedly tried several times to kill Uthra. The first was on Feb. 26, 2020, when Kumar bought a deadly Russell’s viper from snake handler Chavarukavu Suresh. He placed the snake under the stairs but failed when Uthra spotted it.

The second was on Mar. 2 when he placed sedatives on Uthra food and then forced a viper to successfully bite her.

After surviving the viper bite, Kumar researched about cobras. He smuggled a cobra and then plotted another murder attempt on May 6. It was here where Uthra eventually died due to bites.

But when investigators looked at the cobra bites, they found something a bit off on the bite marks. It was eventually proven through the help of experts that Kumar had forced the cobra, using its venomous fangs on the left arm of the 25-year-old.

It was shown in court that cobras do not usually bite unless they are provoked, something explained by Hari Shankar, an assistant inspector general at Kerala Police.

The family of Uthra is left in disbelief, especially after seeing Kumar showing no remorse or guilt. Now, their main focus is to make sure that Uthra’s 2-year-old son grows up happy and remembers his mother for the loving and caring woman she was.