‘The Missing’ from David E. Kelly Heads Straight to Series
1,869 total views, 2 views today
Peacock announced today the straight-to-series order of new crime drama THE MISSING from David E. Kelley (Big Little Lies, Nine Perfect Strangers), who will serve as showrunner, writer and executive producer.
The 8-episode series, a co-production from Keshet Studios and Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, will be based on the international bestselling novel The Missing File, the first in a series of books written by renowned Israeli crime writer Dror A. Mishani.
THE MISSING tells the story of NYPD Detective Avraham Avraham, whose belief in mankind is his superpower when it comes to uncovering the truth. Guided by a deep sense of spirituality and religious principles, Avraham is left to question his own humanity when a seemingly routine investigation turns upside down.
Lisa Katz, president scripted content, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming: “We are incredibly fortunate to bring this series to Peacock audiences led by iconic producer David E. Kelley, who has shepherded some of today’s most buzzworthy dramas. We’re looking forward to partnering with Keshet Studios alongside Universal Television to bring this compelling, soulful mystery to life.”
David E. Kelley (Showrunner, Writer and Executive Producer): “I was riveted by Dror’s novels and the character of Avraham Avraham, and jumped at the opportunity to bring both to life.”
Peter Traugott (Keshet Studios’ President): “Our lead character, Avraham Avraham, is one we’ve never seen on TV before; his compassion and approach creates a wishfulment aspect to the show, something we believe could not be more timely, and is what TV needs right now. And we are very lucky that he is in the hands of David E. Kelley.”
ABOUT THE SERIES:
· Showrunner / Writer / Executive Producer: David E. Kelley
· Executive Producers: Matthew Tinker (Kelley’s producing partner), Keshet Studios’ Peter Traugott, Keshet International’s Alon Shrutzman, Keshet Media Group’s Avi Nir, Keshet Broadcasting’s Karni Ziv
· Author / Executive Producer: Dror Mishani
· Produced by: Keshet Studios, the U.S. production arm of global content producer and distributor Keshet International, and Universal Television, a division of Universal Studios Group
· Format: 8 x 60 min episodes, crime drama series
About The Missing File and Dror A Mishani
· Originally published in Hebrew in 2011 and in the US in 2013 (by HarperCollins), The Missing File is the first in a series of novels featuring police inspector Avraham Avraham. The novels in the series (four until now) were translated into more than 20 languages and won numerous international awards, including Sweden’s prestigious Martin Beck Award (for Best Translated Crime Novel), and the Grand Prix du Meilleur Polar in France. The last novel in the series, Conviction, was published in Israel earlier this year and will be published in English in the summer of 2022. Mishani’s stand-alone crime novel, the international bestseller Three, is also under development with Keshet International in the UK.