‘Fargo’ Season 3 Won’t Be On TV Until 2017
One of this decade’s crop of best TV shows include “Fargo,” which had another well-received run for its second season recently. Weeks before the show’s Season 2 finale, it was revealed that “Fargo” will be returning for a third year, as per Variety. However, its creator said Tuesday that the upcoming season won’t be returning to television until 2017.
“It’s a winter show, and we don’t have the time to film this winter,” said show creator Noah Hawley, according to Entertainment Weekly. Hawley added that production for “Fargo” Season 3 may likely start in November 2016.
As previously reported, the new season will be set a few years after the first and it has been described by Hawley as featuring a “selfie-oriented culture.”
Season 1 starred Billy Bob Thorton, Martin Freeman, Allison Tolman, Colin Hanks, Keith Carradine and Joey King and it was set in 2006, but Hawley noted their characters will not be part of the latest story. “None of the main characters from our first year will be back for our third year,” the creator confirmed, per Philly. However, there will be some connections to Season 3 with the previous seasons. “The way the first year was connected to the movie and the second year was connected to the first, but I think part of the fun is figuring that stuff out and I wouldn’t want to take that away from anybody,” said Hawley, per Inverse.
The multi-awarded TV show airs on the cable channel FX.