Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Netflix Documentary Sets Premiere Date
1,086 total views, 1 views today
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have set a premiere date for their Netflix docuseries on December 8.
The show – which was thought to be facing a delay due to backlash over the new series of ‘The Crown’ – is set to air before the end of the year, according to Page Six.
It also reported that the couple’s show was once titled ‘Chapters’ but has now changed its name, which is yet to be announced.
Netflix bosses are still to discuss the documentary, but Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, 41, said about the show in an interview with the ‘Cut’ in August: “The piece of my life I haven’t been able to share, that people haven’t been able to see, is our love story.”
When asked about the docuseries in her Variety cover story, Meghan Markle said, “It’s nice to be able to trust someone with our story—a seasoned director whose work I’ve long admired—even if it means it may not be the way we would have told it. But that’s not why we’re telling it. We’re trusting our story to someone else, and that means it will go through their lens.”
The duchess also talked about the series to The Cut, saying it’ll largely be a love story: “The piece of my life I haven’t been able to share, that people haven’t been able to see, is our love story.”
It was revealed last week Prince Harry, 38, and his wife – who share son Archie, three, and 17-month-old daughter Lilibet – had parted ways with the project’s original director, Garrett Bradley, over differing opinions and instead brought Liz Garbus onboard.
Page Six said the Sussexes were “having second thoughts” on the project following the Queen’s death, with an insider saying: “Harry and Meghan are panicked about trying to tone down even the most basic language.”
Another source later told the outlet much of the show “contradicted” what the duke wrote in his upcoming memoir, ‘Spare’, due for release on January 10 next year.