MTV Debuts New Made-In-Asia ‘Ok Danceoke’ Music Show and ‘MTV Asia Spotlight’ Monthly Artist Special
781 total views, 1 views today
SINGAPORE, 22 AUGUST 2016 – Youth entertainment brand MTV is presenting a bumper crop of content for music and dance fans in Asia. Music video dance tutorial programme Ok Danceoke is a new music show which debuted in August while regional monthly artist special MTV ASIA SPOTLIGHT will premiere in September. Both Ok Danceoke and MTV ASIA SPOTLIGHT are produced in Asia. Next month, the network will also roll out two new music chart shows EDM Countdown and Viral Countdown, adding to four existing chart shows Chart Attack Top 10, Alternative Countdown, Asia Countdown, and Urban Countdown which went on-air since June.
Ok Danceoke, the ‘Karaoke of Dance’, teaches signature dance steps and moves in an interesting and creative manner. The weekly half-hour programme sees instructors breaking down the choreography of the latest music videos to help fans groove confidently to their favourite songs in the comfort of their homes. Viewers are encouraged to get active and dance along as they brush up on their knowledge of the names and steps of the dance routines shown.
Each episode consists of six music videos and episodes air on Tuesdays at 8pm (TH/WIB), 9pm (SG), 10pm (MY), and Saturdays at 2.30pm (PH). The show also airs as individual music video segments on the channel throughout the day and selected videos will be made available on MTV’s website. Watch/embed a video of the programme HERE.
Ok Danceoke is shot and produced in Singapore. Production began at the end of February and is ongoing. Instructors featured in the show are Melissa Lim (a.k.a. Cat Lady) from Recognize Studios, Mohammad Alif (a.k.a. Alif Aircho) from Danz People, and Chloe Jong from Limited Edition. Lim is a versatile dancer with over a decade of experience. Her dance style is a unique mix of femininity and masculinity, and she specialises in waacking and hip hop. Alif has been a dancer for 12 years and is a member of the Freekzy Nutz crew that represented Singapore in the World Hip Hop Dance Championship in 2010 and 2011. He is also part of the Havoc crew which won the Super 24 dance competition this year. Jong has been dancing for four years and represented Singapore in the Hip Hop International 2016 Competition in Las Vegas. Her crew, Limited Edition, won the Super 24 competition in 2015. She is also a member of the crew Hot Topic, which clinched third place in the PULSE! Street Dance Competition 2015 and Black Out Dance Competition 2015.
MTV ASIA SPOTLIGHT
Next, MTV will premiere MTV ASIA SPOTLIGHT, an all-new music feature gives audiences access to popular and up-and-coming acts from within Asia, showcasing the spotlighted artist’s music videos, interviews, performances and other exclusive content throughout the month. With MTV ASIA SPOTLIGHT, the aim is to grow the awareness and appreciation of Asian music for fans in the region to enjoy. It takes viewers first to well-known Malaysian singer-songwriter Yuna, where fans will get to watch an interview and her acoustic performance of “Crush” from her third studio album, Chapters.
MTV ASIA SPOTLIGHT kicks off on-air on MTV on Thursday, 1 September with repeats during the month. Selected content will be integrated within the weekly music and lifestyle show The MTV Show which airs on Saturdays at 1pm (TH/WIB), 2pm (PH/SG) and 3pm (MY). Additional content will also be posted to MTV’s website and social platforms Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
NEW MUSIC CHART SHOWS
Two new music chart shows EDM Countdown and Viral Countdown premiering in September have been developed to whet music lovers’ ever-growing appetites for different music genres. MTV VJs Alan Wong and Hanli Hoefer will also lend a touch of journalism to three of the chart shows where they decode key music trends and discuss exclusive music news and in the process, help fans discover new music and artists. There will be a total of six chart shows available on the channel.
– Dive into the alternative world of MTV with the top five indie songs you need to check out this week
– Airs on Tuesdays at 3.30am (PH), and Thursdays at 2.30pm (TH/WIB), 3.30pm (SG), and 4.30pm (MY)
– Discover Asia’s local favourites every week
– Airs on Tuesdays at 9.30pm (TH/WIB), 10.30pm (SG), and 11.30pm(MY), and Wednesdays at 3.30am (PH)
Chart Attack Top 10
– VJs Alan and Hanli cover a weekly round-up of the 10 most popular tracks out there
– Airs on Sundays at 10am (TH/WIB), 11am(SG), 12pm (MY), and Tuesdays at 12am (PH)
EDM Countdown (New)
– VJs Alan and Hanli give you a weekly dose of the five most popular electronic and dance music tracks.
– Premieres on 1 September, Thursdays at 9.30pm (TH/WIB), 10.30pm (SG), and 11.30pm (MY), and 2 September, Fridays at 3.30am (PH)
– Tune in every week and immerse yourself in the MTV urban jungle, with the hottest songs in R&B, hip hop, soul, and futuristic R&B.
– Airs on Wednesdays at 9.30pm (TH/WIB), 10.30pm (SG), 11.30pm (MY), and Thursdays at 3.30am (PH)
Viral Countdown (New)
– VJs Alan and Hanli share the trending tracks across major social music sites.
– Premieres on 5 September, Mondays at 8pm (TH/WIB), 9pm (SG), 10pm (MY), and 10 September, Saturdays at 3.30am (PH)
- Kaspersky Lab helps uncover vulnerabilities on gas stations by hackers - February 12, 2018
- 26-percent of Ransomware Attacks now target business - November 30, 2017
- The Battle is on to Fight Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) - November 27, 2017