Disney Confirms 9 Live-Action Flicks Including ‘Cruella’ With Emma Stone
571 total views, 2 views today
The Disney studios is going heavy with its offering for live-action movies and has announced nine films that movie-goers should look forward to in the next three or for years. What are these nine Disney live-action flicks? We’ve rounded the up below.
1. “Cruella” – This live-action movie featuring the villainess of the “101 Dalmatians” story will have Emma Stone in the lead role with Kelly Marcel tapped as writer.
2. “Mary Poppins” – The sequel was announced last year and it’s now confirmed that Emily Blunt will play the iconic nanny. Lin-Manuel Miranda has also been cast.
3. “Maleficent 2” – The film will see the return of Angelina Jolie in the role.
4. “Tinker Bell” – The project is going to star Reese Witherspoon, while Victor Strouse has been attached as writer.
5. “A Wrinkle In Time” – Based on the book by Madeleine L’Engle, this film will be directed by Ana DuVernay with Jennifer Lee for the screenplay. The actors have yet to cast.
6. “Jungle Cruise” – Dwayne Johnson will lead the live-action adaptation and writers John Regua and Glenn Ficarra have been assigned for the screenplay. It is based off a theme park attraction in California.
7. “Dumbo” – Tim Burton will helm the film, while Ehren Kruger will adapt the live-action story.
8. “Jungle Book 2” – due to the success of the first movie, which was released in March, Disney is making a follow-up with the same team of director Jon Favreau and writer Justin Marks.
9. “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” – Disney has picked Lasse Hallstrom and writer Ashleigh Powell for the project.
Three of the movies, presumably the fairy tales, will be debuting in theaters on July 28, 2017, April 6, 2018 and December 20, 2019, while two non-fairy tales will be in theaters August 3, 2018 and December 25, 2018.