Fight Night III: SoKors dominate Pinoys
Cage Gladiators and Hitman MMA treated fans to an exciting evening of mixed martial arts action with FIGHT NIGHT III: PHILIPPINES VS. KOREA at a packed SM Skydome in Quezon City Sunday, April 14.
In the main event, South Korean standout Min Hyeok Lee turned in a solid performance, beating Filipino veteran Miguel Alo by clear-cut unanimous decision. Both men provided fans with a tremendous display of offense in a contest that saw the two lightweights exchanging unyielding blows and momentum-shifting takedowns for three rounds. With Lee showing superiority in the grappling department, all three judges at cageside awarded the victory in favor of the South Korean combatant.
“I’ve been training hard for a long time, and this was just me flowing. I am happy with my performance against a veteran of the sport like Miguel Alo. I totally respect him as a competitor. I apologize because I wasn’t able to get the finish because Miguel is no pushover. I hope I can compete again in the Philippines and put on a great show for the fans,” said Min Hyeok Lee of Extreme Combat/Top Gym BF.
In the co-main event of the evening, Kim Jae Woong of South Korea stunned the partisan Filipino crowd after submitting hometown hero Dennis Domingo. From the get-go, Kim immediately looked for a takedown and managed to effortlessly execute one against Domingo’s will. On the canvas, Kim smoothly passed Domingo’s guard and locked in a deep rear-naked choke to force the tap, clinching the victory in just 72 seconds.
Official results for FIGHT NIGHT III: PHILIPPINES VS. KOREA
- Lightweight bout: Min Hyeok Lee defeats Miguel Alo by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Lightweight bout: Kim Jae Woong defeats Dennis Domingo by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 1:12 minutes of round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Norman Agcopra defeats Genil Francisco by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Light Heavyweight bout: Kevin Guevarra defeats John William Tirona by TKO (Retirement) at 5:00 minutes of round 2
- Strawweight bout: Ian Jay Batoto defeats Ezekiel Cerbito by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 1:13 minutes of round 1
- Featherweight bout: Alexander Aballe defeats Jayco Madrona by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 2:33 minutes of round 2
- Lightweight bout: Christchan Buentiempo defeats Rod Santos by TKO (Strikes) at 1:47 minutes of round 1
- Flyweight bout: Edrion Macatangay defeats Luke Quinlan Cruz by TKO (Strikes) at 1:34 minutes of round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Mark Postrano defeats Cesar Paragas by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds