James Burrows NBC Special: More TV Cast Reunions Set – Find Out Here!
308 total views, 1 views today
“Must See TV: A Tribute to James Burrows,” the NBC special tribute airing on Sunday, Feb. 21, is bringing together several cast members from iconic comedy shows like “Friends,” “Cheers,” “Fraiser” and “Two and a Half Men.” The special is in celebration of the director’s career milestone: directing his 1000th episode for a TV show.
“There is nobody with better TV comedy instincts than Jimmy Burrows, and because of his guiding hand these remarkable shows will be forever celebrated and stand the test of time,” NBC executive Paul Telegdy said in a statement, per Deadline. “The caliber of talent joining us to celebrate Jimmy’s accomplishments is a testament to his imprint in television history.”
The tribute show are the following stars, but more are expected to be added:
- “Cheers” – Ted Danson, Shelley Long, Bebe Neuwirth, Rhea Perlman, John Ratzenberger, George Wendt (Kirstie Alley, Woody Harrelson in pre-taped segments)
- “Friends” – Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, David Schwimmer (Matthew Perry in pre-taped segment)
- “Frasier” – Peri Gilpin, Jane Leeves, David Hyde Pierce (Kelsey Grammer in pre-taped segment)
- “Will & Grace” – Sean Hayes, Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally
- “Taxi” – Tony Danza, Danny DeVito, Marilu Henner, Judd Hirsch, Carol Kane, Christopher Lloyd
- “The Big Bang Theory” – Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki, Simon Helberg, Jim Parsons
- “Wings” – Tony Shalhoub, Steven Weber
- “Mike & Molly” – Billy Gardell, Melissa McCarthy, Katy Mixon, Nyambi Nyambi, Reno Wilson
- “Two and a Half Men” – Jon Cryer, Charlie Sheen
- “Crowded” – Carlease Burke, Stacy Keach, Carrie Preston, Mia Serafino, Patrick Warburton
Burrows has won 10 Emmy Awards in directing and four Directors Guild Awards.
The special is executive produced by Sean Hayes, who also starred on “Will & Grace,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.