Follow health standards while in GCQ — Palace
With the easing out of community restrictions in many areas in the country, the Palace on June 1, reminded the public to continue following the minimum public health standards, particularly in the National Capital Region and Cebu City, which are still classified as high-risk areas, despite being placed under general community quarantine (GCQ).
Per the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) Resolution No. 41, all provinces, highly urbanized cities, and independent component cities are still required to enforce the minimum public health standards and strict localized community quarantine in priority areas.
On Monday’s Presidential Briefing for the Malacañang Press Corps, Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque Jr., outlined the salient points of the IATF Resolution No. 41, which placed areas in the country under the general community quarantine (GCQ) and modified GCQ.
From June 1 to June 15, the following areas are now under GCQ: Pangasinan, Region II, Region III, Region IV-A, the National Capital Region (NCR), Region VII, Zamboanga City, and Davao City. The rest of the country are under MGCQ until June 15.
For Cebu City and the NCR, although already under GCQ, the IATF has directed the respective Regional Inter-Agency Task Force (RIATFs) to monitor health system performance, capacity, and strict compliance to surveillance, isolation, and treatment protocols.
“Sa Cebu po, bagaman at GCQ na, kinakailangan pong mag submit ang namumuno, mga namumuno sa Cebu City, ng kanilang detalyadong plano para po sa zoning sa kanilang syudad at yung mga priority barangays,” said Secretary Roque.
The Palace official also underscored the authority given to local chief executives to impose localized quarantines in select areas or establishments, with concurrence of the RIATF.
“Wala na pong lugar sa Pilipinas ang nasa ilalim ng ECQ at MECQ. Ngunit kung marami po sa atin ang hindi susunod sa health protocols, hindi mag-oobserba ng social distancing or physical distancing, [hindi] mag[hu]hugas ng kamay, at lalabas ng lalabas dahil wala lang, ay baka bumalik po tayo sa ECQ at MECQ,” said Secretary Roque.
On inter-province travel, the Presidential Spokesperson explained the use of travel authority. “Hindi nyo na po kinakailangan ng travel authority kung kayo’y nasa Metro Manila at iikot sa iba’t-ibang syudad ng Metro Manila. … Hindi rin po kinakailangan ng medical authority kapag merong medical and family emergencies, kung ang travel nga po ay sa loob lamang ng isang probinsya o sa loob nga ng Metro Manila,” Secretary Roque said.
However, the Palace official who is the concurrent IATF spokesperson added that travel between provinces would require travel authority. For Authorized Persons Outside Residence, there is no need for a travel authority, a company ID or a certificate of employment would be enough for passage in checkpoint areas.
In the same media briefing, Secretary Roque also gave an update on the status of the President’s directive last week to send all stranded repatriated OFWs in Metro Manila to their home provinces within a week’s time.
“Nakauwi na po ang mahigit 24,000 nating kababayang OFWs sa kani-kanilang mga tahanan,” said Sec. Roque. A total of 24,028 OFWs have returned to their hometowns from May 25 to 31. (OPS-PCOO)