The 40 official candidates of Binibining Pilipinas 2019 thrilled members of the media, sponsors and the general public during their Press Presentation on Thursday, April 4 at the Novotel Manila Araneta Center.
Wearing their swimsuits, the gorgeous women competing in the country’s most prestigious beauty pageant wowed the guests with their beautiful physique and winsome personality as they introduced themselves and posed for photos at the hotel’s pool area.
The roster of this year’s finalists is composed of models, flight attendants, performers, students, multi-hyphenates and pageant veterans, who have their own stories to tell and advocacies to promote, proving that they exemplify traits #BeyondBeauty.
They are all vying for the chance to represent the Philippines in the most prominent international beauty competitions. They are the cream of the crop, having been chosen by the Binibining Pilipinas Charities Inc. executive committee led by chairperson Mrs. Stella Marquez Araneta in a rigorous screening process.
Up for grabs in this year’s contest are six crowns: Miss Universe Philippines, Binibining Pilipinas International, Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental, Binibining Pilipinas Supranational, Binibining Pilipinas Globe and Binibining Pilipinas Grand International.
The candidates are hoping to duplicate the amazing feat of last year’s winners who all made a mark in the international scene. Catriona Gray bested more than 90 candidates to take home the Philippines’ fourth Miss Universe crown, while Karen Gallman won the country’s first-ever Miss Intercontinental crown. Ahtisa Manalo also came close and emerged first runner-up in Miss International. Binibining Pilipinas Supranational Jehza Huelar, Binibining Pilipinas Globe Michele Gumabao, and Binibining Pilipinas Grand International Eva Patalinjug complete last year’s winners’ court.
The Press Presentation is one of the most anticipated events in the Binibining Pilipinas calendar. Last Saturday, March 30, 17 of the 40 contestants slugged it out in the Talent Competition. On May 25, they will be going around Araneta Center, the Home of the Queens and recently declared as a Tourism District by the Quezon City Government, in the Grand Parade of Beauties, and on May 29, they will be sashaying in the stage in a glitzy Fashion Show at the New Frontier Theater. The pageant will culminate in the Grand Coronation Night at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on June 9.
The official Binibining Pilipinas 2019 candidates are the following:
- Jessica Marasigan, 25, Malabon City
- Denielle Joie Magno, 25, Pangasinan
- Martina Turner Diaz, 22, Muntinlupa City
- Malka Shaver, 23, Zamboanga Sibugay
- Sigrid Grace Flores, 26, Iloilo
- Jane Darren Genobisa, 22, Davao del Sur
- Honey Grace Cartasano, 25, Province of Rizal
- Joahnna Carla Saad, 26, Dumaguete City
- Melba Ann Macasaet, 25, Negros Oriental
- Marianne Marquez, 26, Marikina City
- Marie Sherry Ann Tormes, 27, Polangui, Albay
- Gazini Ganados, 23, Talisay City, Cebu
- Maria Andrea Abesamis , 27, Pasig City
- Leren Mae Bautista, 26, Laguna
- Maria Isabela Galeria, 20, Sorsogon
- Denise Omorog, 24, Baras, Catanduanes,
- Bea Patricia Magtanong, 24, Bataan
- Hannah Arnold, 23, Masbate
- Ilene De Vera, 23, Mandaue City, Cebu
- Julia Saubier, 24, Legazpi City
- Anne Barker,26, Isabela Province
- April Short, 24, Zamboanga City
- Larah Grace Lacap, 25, Quezon City
- Jean Nicole Guerrero, 25, Ilocos Sur
- Samantha Ashley Lo, 26, Cebu City
- Emma Mary Tiglao, 24, Pampanga
- Samantha Mae Bernardo, 26, Palawan
- Rubee Marie Faustino, 23, Province of Bulacan
- Cassandra Colleen Chan, 24, Bacolod City,
- Resham Saeed, 25, Maguindanao
- Danielle Isabelle Dolk , 18, San Pablo City, Laguna
- Mary Faye Cunanan, 22, Tarlac
- Jessarie Dumaguing, 23, Puerto Princesa,
- Alannis Reign Binoya, 22, Batangas,
- Kimberle Mae Penchon, 26, La Union
- Francia Layderos, 26, Libon, Albay
- Samantha Poblete, 22, Cavite
- Vickie Rushton, 26, Negros Occidental
- Dia Nicole Magno, 24, Butuan, Caraga Region
- Joanna Rose Tolledo, 25, Caloocan City
The Binibining Pilipinas pageant is presented by the following sponsors: Araneta Center Inc., ABS-CBN, World Balance, Poten CEE, JAG Jeans, PLDT Home Fibr, Manhattan Garden City, Ever Bilena Cosmetics Inc., Pizza Hut, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, Philippine Airlines, Manila Bulletin, Novotel Manila Araneta Center, David’s Salon, Power Trac Inc., Gold’s Gym, Picture City, Domz Ramos Swimwear, Jojo Bragais Shoes, Equinox Manila, Raymond Saldaña Photography and Bruce Casanova Photography.