Thai boxing superstar Srisaket Sor Rungvisai sent the crowd into a rapturous chorus of cheers after hacking out a unanimous decision victory over Mexican challenger Iran “MagnifiKO” Diaz and retain the WBC Super Flyweight World Championship at ONE: Kingdom of Heroes held at the Impact Arena in Bangkok, Thailand.
Banking on his heavy hands and southpaw stance, Srisaket persistently hammered the taller Diaz with hard body shots from the opening bell. The consistent attack to the midsection paid dividends for Srisaket in the later rounds as Diaz dropped his defensive guard, prompting the Thai boxer to increase his offense that had his opponent reeling inside the ring.
In the latter rounds, Srisaket unleashed a series of power shots, but Diaz amazingly withstood the blitz of punches from the hometown hero.
In the end, the three judges unanimously awarded the victory in favor of Srisaket with the scores of 119-109, 120-108 and 119-109.
In the co-main event of the evening, Thailand’s own Stamp Fairtex turned in a debut to remember as she dethroned “Killer Bee” Kai Ting Chuang via unanimous decision to become the new ONE Kickboxing Atomweight World Champion.
Japanese legend Shinya “Tobikan Judan” Aoki made his case for a shot at the coveted ONE Lightweight World Championship with resounding clarity, submitting New Zealand-based Malaysian sensation Ev “E.T.” Ting in a title eliminator.
Muay Thai legend Nong-O Gaiyanghadao put on a striking clinic in front of his home crowd as he punished ISKA and WBC World Champion Mehdi Zatout of France to earn a unanimous decision victory over three rounds in their ONE Super Series Muay Thai showdown.
Nigeria’s Anthony “The Assassin” Njokuani scored the biggest win of his kickboxing career, defeating Dutch kickboxing legend Andy “The Destroyer” Souwer via split decision in a ONE Super Series Kickboxing contest.
Tajikistan martial arts phenom Muin Gafurov made an astounding return to the most prestigious stage of global martial arts competition with a statement victory, knocking out top contender Leandro “Brodinho” Issa of Brazil in the first round.
In a ONE Super Series Kickboxing bout, Hong Kong-based Alain “The Panther” Ngalani of Cameroon and Andre “The Giant” Meunier of Australia battled to a No-Contest (NC) ruling after an inadvertent low blow rendered Ngalani unable to continue.
Three-time IFMA Champion Alaverdi Ramazanov of Russia stunned the partisan Thai crowd after edging out hometown favorite Petchmorrakot Wor. Sangprapai via unanimous decision in their ONE Super Series Muay Thai contest.
Japanese grappling wizard Hayato Suzuki established his first winning streak in ONE Championship, pulling off a second-round submission victory over Robin Catalan of the Philippines. Right off the bat, Suzuki took matters to the mat and grinded out his Filipino opponent with his elite wrestling. Suzuki eventually sealed the deal in the second round as he fastened a wrenching rear naked choke to force the tap.
In a ONE Super Series Kickboxing contest, Muay Thai legend Singtongnoi Por Telakun of the Evolve Fight Team turned in a tremendous striking performance to defeat promotional newcomer Masahide Kudo of Japan.
Hometown favorite Rika “Tiny Doll” Ishige of Thailand is back in the winner’s circle, following an impressive technical knockout victory over Bozhena “Toto” Antoniyar of Myanmar in the first round.
In a ONE Super Series Muay Thai contest, Muay Thai superstar Petchdam Kaiyanghadao of Thailand made quick work of Kenny “The Pitbull” Tse of China, putting together a devastating showcase of his piston-like left roundhouse kick for fans in attendance.
China’s Fu Chang Xin turned in an impressive grappling performance, defeating Cambodia’s Rin Saroth in just two rounds.
Setting the tone for an action-packed evening was a flyweight encounter between Ramon “The Bicolano” Gonzales of the Philippines and Dodi “Maung” Mardian of Indonesia. Driven to claim his second-straight victory on the ONE Championship stage, Gonzales put Mardian to sleep with a rear naked choke in the first round.
Official results for ONE: KINGDOM OF HEROES
- WBC Super Flyweight World Championship Bout bout: Srisaket Sor Rungvisai defeats Iran Diaz by Unanimous Decision (119-109, 120-108, 119-109) after 12 rounds
- ONE Kickboxing Atomweight World Championship bout: Stamp Fairtex defeats Kai Ting Chuang by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 5 rounds
- Lightweight bout: Shinya Aoki defeats Ev Ting by Submission (Arm Triangle) at 0:57 minutes of round 1
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing Lightweight bout: Anthony Njokuani defeats Andy Souwer by Split Decision (SD) after 3 rounds
- Catch Weight bout (67.4kgs): Muin Gafurov defeats Leandro Issa by Knockout (KO) at 2:24 minutes of round 1
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing Heavyweight bout: Alain Ngalani vs. Andre Meunier ends in a No Contest (NC)
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai Bantamweight bout: Alaverdi Ramazanov defeats Petchmorrakot Wor. Sangprapai by Unanimous Decision (UD)
- Strawweight bout: Hayato Suzuki defeats Robin Catalan by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:42 minutes of round 2
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing Flyweight bout: Singtongnoi Por Telakun defeats Masahide Kudo by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Women’s Atomweight bout: Rika Ishige defeats Bozhena Antoniyar by Technical Knockout (TKO) at 2:48 minutes of round 1
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai Flyweight bout: Petchdam Kaiyanghadao defeats Kenny Tse by Knockout (KO) at 1:26 minutes of round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Fu Chang Xin defeats Rin Saroth by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:04 minutes of round 2
- Flyweight bout: Ramon Gonzales defeats Dodi Mardian by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:33 minutes of round 1